We Stand By Our Stuff
The Second Space 5-year Warranty
Second Space exists to provide products of high design integrity and exceptional quality to the workplaces of the world. As such, we warrant to the Original Purchaser that all Second Space Products (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Products”) will be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of delivery to the Delivery Address.
The Second Space 5-year warranty (“Warranty”) covers repairs or replacements of Products as set forth herein within the continental United States only. The terms for regular, non-defective returns of Products are covered by Second Space’s 30-day return policy, outlined below.
How to utilize the Second Space 5-Year Limited Warranty
Before submitting a claim, please carefully review the Terms & Conditions below. Original Purchasers must notify Second Space in writing of any claims within 5 years from the date of delivery and within 2 months of discovering the reason of the claim (fault). If it’s necessary for you to exercise this warranty, please file your claim to Second Space here.
Upon receiving notification of a claim, a Second Space representative will respond to your inquiry within 1 week. All warranty claims are subject to inspection by Second Space. Second Space reserves the right to determine whether or not damages are covered by the Warranty, at our sole discretion.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Coverage. The Warranty covers, and is valid only for, flaws and defects in the manufacturing or workmanship of the product. The Second Space 5-Year Limited Warranty applies to Second Space Products exclusively and covers only purchases made directly from Second Space or through authorized Second Space dealers. The Warranty may not apply to purchases made through third-party sites.
Second Space does not cover:
- Changes in surface finishes due to aging or exposure to light;
- Natural variations of wood grain or figure or the presence of character marks;
- Natural variations of powder coating and/or other coatings;
- Damage to fabric from machine washing/drying;
- Normal wear and tear (including, but not limited to, everyday wear and tear of surfaces, fabrics, and upholstery);
- Damage from external factors, such as any of the following:
- Sharp objects or imprinting from writing instruments;
- Prolonged exposure to moisture or direct sunlight;
- Modifications, alterations, tampering, or improper maintenance or repairs;
- Force majeure, including but not limited to fire, lightning, flood, tornado, earthquake, or hurricane;
- Any actions or uses performed outside of those recommended or specified on our site, including our FAQs.
- Note: All Second Space products are intended for indoor use, unless otherwise specified.
Eligibility. To be eligible for the Warranty:
- You must be the Original Purchaser and have a valid Proof Of Purchase. The Warranty is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- You must have purchased the Products directly from Second Space or from an authorized Second Space dealer. The warranty may also, in certain cases, apply to purchases made through third-party sites. Please contact Second Space for more information.
- We must receive your written Warranty request as set forth above within 5 years from the date of delivery.
- The Product must have been installed and used only in accordance with the specifications provided with the product or on our website (including any updated recommendations or guidelines provided our website after the date of purchase).
- The Product must have been used only for its intended use and must never have been subjected to abuse, accidental damage, or other abnormal usages, including but not limited to cuts, tears, burns, stains, soiling, liquid damage, or improper installation.
Limited Remedy. Second Space’s sole obligation under the Warranty is to, at our own sole discretion, either remedy the defect or exchange the product as soon as practically possible after receiving notification about the defect. In the event it is not possible to remedy the defect or exchange the product, Second Space will reimburse the purchase price of the product reasonably adjusted for any wear and tear. These remedies are exclusive. The repaired or replacement Products shall continue to be covered under the original Warranty for the rest of the original term. Under no circumstances will the Warranty be extended beyond 5 years from the date of purchase of the original Products.
Disclaimer of warranties. The remedies provided in this Warranty constitute the Original purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedies, and Second Space’s sole and exclusive obligation, with respect to defects in the purchased products or the manufacturing thereof. This Warranty is the exclusive warranty given by Second Space, and Second Space expressly disclaims, and the purchaser expressly waives, all other representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent prohibited by law. In such event, such Warranty is limited to the duration of the Warranty period set forth above. This exclusion applies even if this Warranty fails of its essential purposes and regardless of whether damages are sought for breach of Warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict liability in tort or under any other legal theory.
Limitation of damages and liability. In addition to the above Warranty disclaimers, except to the extent prohibited by law, in no event will Second Space be liable for any consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special damages arising from or relating to this Warranty or the Second Space Products, and Second Space’s total cumulative liability arising from or related to this Warranty or the Second Space Products will not exceed the amount actually paid for the Second Space Products by the original purchaser. Your use of the Second Space Products is at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for(and Second Space disclaims) any and all loss, liability, or damages, resulting from your use of the Second Space Products.
Your rights and the Warranty. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. Some countries and/or states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Some countries and/or states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. You may also have other legal rights that vary by country, state, province, or jurisdiction - these basic consumer rights remain unaffected. The terms of this Warranty will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For a full description of your legal rights, you should always refer to the laws applicable in your jurisdiction and you may wish to contact a relevant consumer advisory service.
30-day Return Policy
Our work’s not right unless you’re unequivocally pleased with your purchase.
You may return your new Second Space purchase in its original packaging and condition within 30 days of receipt for any reason. Second Space reserves the right to refuse returned items that are not in original condition due to (but not limited to) the following reasons: missing original packaging, item packaged differently than way received, missing components, or visible damages caused by customer. If you would like to take advantage of this simple return process, please click here to initiate a return.